Tensioners Idlers & Dampers
- Idler Arm Lever ADZ98721 by Blue Print Front Axle£51.54 £42.95
- Idler Arm Lever ADT387173 by Blue Print Front Axle£109.58 £91.32
- Idler Arm Lever ADT387131 by Blue Print Front Axle£156.33 £130.27
- Idler Arm Lever ADT387140 by Blue Print Front Axle£179.08 £149.23
- Idler Arm Lever ADT387137 by Blue Print Front Axle£156.12 £130.10
- Idler Arm Lever ADT38776 by Blue Print Front Axle£44.55 £37.12
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187171 by Blue Print Front Axle£42.27 £35.22
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187157C by Blue Print Front Axle Right£579.52 £482.93
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187156C by Blue Print Front Axle Left£579.52 £482.93
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187130 by Blue Print Front Axle£45.57 £37.97
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187122 by Blue Print Front Axle£47.06 £39.22
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187113 by Blue Print Front Axle£58.12 £48.43
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187112 by Blue Print Front Axle£79.89 £66.57
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187111 by Blue Print Front Axle£104.65 £87.21
- Idler Arm Lever ADM58725 by Blue Print Front Axle£138.39 £115.32
Tensioners, Idlers and Dampers
Tensioners, idlers and dampers work together to consistently synchronise your timing belt car parts for optimum efficiency.
Tensioners are spring-loaded rotating pulleys; these ensure that the timing belt doesn’t slacken.
Idler pulleys guide the timing belt around ancillary features.
Dampers, also known as shock absorbers, co-ordinate with the idlers to maintain the tension of the timing belt.
How do I know that my tensioners, idlers and dampers need to be replaced?
- Your engine makes a whining noise and/or overheats.
- Your engine warning light is illuminated.
- Your tensioners or idlers are corroded.
- Your tensioner arms are cracked or misaligned.
- An idler is chipped in the belt tracking area.
- Your dampers are oil-stained.
Why do my tensioners, idlers and dampers need to be replaced?
- Your tensioners, idlers and dampers are excessively worn due to wear and tear and/or environmental factors.
- Your tensioners have been incorrectly installed.
- Your tensioner arms no longer have any resistance in their range of motion.
- Your idler bearings have failed.
How do I replace my tensioners, idlers and dampers?
If your tensioners, idlers or dampers become worn or fail, you risk serious engine damage. Ensure that these car parts are checked – and replaced – by a mechanical expert.
To identify the tensioners, idlers and dampers for your vehicle, enter your car details into our car part finder.