Cabin / Pollen Filters
Cabin (Pollen) Filters
Without a cabin filter, your vehicle will become contaminated with pollutants and allergens, triggering asthma, hay fever and fatigue. You’ll also be subjected to the smells of the countryside, sewage plants and the chemicals of your washer fluid.
To avoid this, you’ll need to replace your pollen filter every 12,000 – 15,000 miles, or around once a year. You may need to change it more often if you live in a highly polluted area.
By replacing your filter regularly, you extend the lifetime of many car parts in your vehicle. Use our car part finder to identify the cabin filter for your vehicle.
Your pollen filter works by trapping debris in a mechanically-driven sieve with an electrostatic paper filter or an active carbon filter.
How do I know that my cabin filter needs to be replaced?
- Your windows are foggy.
- Your vehicle smells stale (unless it’s last week’s takeaway).
- There is a low level of air pressure in the cabin at the maximum fan speed.
- Your air-conditioning is poor.
- Cabin heating is insufficient.
- There is low air circulation.
Why does my cabin filter need to be replaced?
Your filter has:
- Been installed incorrectly.
- Been exposed to moisture or oil.
- Been exposed to debris.
- Exceeded its expected lifespan.
- Absorbed excessive chemicals.
If your cabin filter shows no sign of severe pollution, it may be cleared by shaking it.
How do I replace my cabin filter?
Although pollen filters can’t be repaired, they are relatively cheap car parts that can be replaced easily.
Locate your cabin filter in the engine compartment beneath the windscreen. Remove your filter cover (it will be attached with screws or latches). Your replacement filter can then be screwed into place and the cover resealed.
Cabin filter brands stocked by DIY Car Service Parts
- POLLEN AIR FILTER Activated carbon Mahle LAK127 76889240£16.02 £13.35
- WIX WP2120 Car Cabin Air Pollen Filter Standard Replaces CU26017 CF11178 LA876£5.09 £4.24
- WIX WP6809 Car Cabin Air Pollen Filter - Carbon Replaces CUK3955 CFA8882 LAK45£6.41 £5.34
- CHAMPION CCF0313C Cabin Filter Pollen, Particulate£7.85 £6.54
- WIX WP9250 Car Cabin Air Pollen Filter - Standard Replaces CU2243 CF10282 LA306£3.28 £2.73