Tensioners Idlers & Dampers
- Engine Component Pulley 100091 by Febi Bilstein£27.91 £23.26
- Engine Component Pulley 100093 by Febi Bilstein£18.34 £15.28
- Engine Component Pulley 100163 by Febi Bilstein£65.31 £54.42
- Engine Component Pulley 100173 by Febi Bilstein£66.63 £55.52
- Engine Component Pulley 100328 by Febi Bilstein£32.44 £27.03
- Engine Component Pulley 100349 by Febi Bilstein£45.37 £37.81
- Engine Component Pulley 100350 by Febi Bilstein£44.90 £37.42
- Engine Component Pulley 49871 by Febi Bilstein£27.12 £22.60
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48733 by Blue Print Front Axle£39.92 £33.27
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48736 by Blue Print Front Axle£45.30 £37.75
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48740 by Blue Print Front Axle£88.52 £73.77
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48750 by Blue Print Front Axle£83.25 £69.37
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48773 by Blue Print Front Axle£120.91 £100.76
- Idler Arm Lever ADD68746 by Blue Print Front Axle£62.89 £52.41
- Idler Arm Lever ADG08771 by Blue Print Front Axle£72.10 £60.08
- Idler Arm Lever ADK88728 by Blue Print Front Axle£46.77 £38.97
- Idler Arm Lever ADM58725 by Blue Print Front Axle£140.63 £117.19
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187111 by Blue Print Front Axle£106.35 £88.62
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187112 by Blue Print Front Axle£81.24 £67.70
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187113 by Blue Print Front Axle£59.12 £49.27
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187122 by Blue Print Front Axle£46.90 £39.08
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187130 by Blue Print Front Axle£42.29 £35.24
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187156C by Blue Print Front Axle Left£612.64 £510.53
Tensioners, Idlers and Dampers
Tensioners, idlers and dampers work together to consistently synchronise your timing belt car parts for optimum efficiency.
Tensioners are spring-loaded rotating pulleys; these ensure that the timing belt doesn’t slacken.
Idler pulleys guide the timing belt around ancillary features.
Dampers, also known as shock absorbers, co-ordinate with the idlers to maintain the tension of the timing belt.
How do I know that my tensioners, idlers and dampers need to be replaced?
- Your engine makes a whining noise and/or overheats.
- Your engine warning light is illuminated.
- Your tensioners or idlers are corroded.
- Your tensioner arms are cracked or misaligned.
- An idler is chipped in the belt tracking area.
- Your dampers are oil-stained.
Why do my tensioners, idlers and dampers need to be replaced?
- Your tensioners, idlers and dampers are excessively worn due to wear and tear and/or environmental factors.
- Your tensioners have been incorrectly installed.
- Your tensioner arms no longer have any resistance in their range of motion.
- Your idler bearings have failed.
How do I replace my tensioners, idlers and dampers?
If your tensioners, idlers or dampers become worn or fail, you risk serious engine damage. Ensure that these car parts are checked – and replaced – by a mechanical expert.
To identify the tensioners, idlers and dampers for your vehicle, enter your car details into our car part finder.