Tensioners Idlers & Dampers
- Engine Component Pulley 100091 by Febi Bilstein£24.82 £20.68
- Engine Component Pulley 100093 by Febi Bilstein£16.31 £13.59
- Engine Component Pulley 100163 by Febi Bilstein£58.17 £48.47
- Engine Component Pulley 100173 by Febi Bilstein£59.35 £49.46
- Engine Component Pulley 100328 by Febi Bilstein£28.85 £24.04
- Engine Component Pulley 100349 by Febi Bilstein£42.03 £35.02
- Engine Component Pulley 100350 by Febi Bilstein£39.95 £33.29
- Engine Component Pulley 49871 by Febi Bilstein£24.12 £20.10
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48733 by Blue Print Front Axle£36.94 £30.78
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48736 by Blue Print Front Axle£43.63 £36.36
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48740 by Blue Print Front Axle£82.00 £68.33
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48750 by Blue Print Front Axle£77.11 £64.26
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48773 by Blue Print Front Axle£112.16 £93.47
- Idler Arm Lever ADD68746 by Blue Print Front Axle£58.26 £48.55
- Idler Arm Lever ADG08771 by Blue Print Front Axle£66.78 £55.65
- Idler Arm Lever ADK88728 by Blue Print Front Axle£45.06 £37.55
- Idler Arm Lever ADM58725 by Blue Print Front Axle£130.46 £108.72
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187111 by Blue Print Front Axle£101.43 £84.52
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187112 by Blue Print Front Axle£75.26 £62.72
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187113 by Blue Print Front Axle£54.76 £45.63
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187122 by Blue Print Front Axle£45.19 £37.66
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187130 by Blue Print Front Axle£42.29 £35.24
- Idler Arm Lever ADN187156C by Blue Print Front Axle Left£568.73 £473.94
Tensioners, Idlers and Dampers
Tensioners, idlers and dampers work together to consistently synchronise your timing belt car parts for optimum efficiency.
Tensioners are spring-loaded rotating pulleys; these ensure that the timing belt doesn’t slacken.
Idler pulleys guide the timing belt around ancillary features.
Dampers, also known as shock absorbers, co-ordinate with the idlers to maintain the tension of the timing belt.
How do I know that my tensioners, idlers and dampers need to be replaced?
- Your engine makes a whining noise and/or overheats.
- Your engine warning light is illuminated.
- Your tensioners or idlers are corroded.
- Your tensioner arms are cracked or misaligned.
- An idler is chipped in the belt tracking area.
- Your dampers are oil-stained.
Why do my tensioners, idlers and dampers need to be replaced?
- Your tensioners, idlers and dampers are excessively worn due to wear and tear and/or environmental factors.
- Your tensioners have been incorrectly installed.
- Your tensioner arms no longer have any resistance in their range of motion.
- Your idler bearings have failed.
How do I replace my tensioners, idlers and dampers?
If your tensioners, idlers or dampers become worn or fail, you risk serious engine damage. Ensure that these car parts are checked – and replaced – by a mechanical expert.
To identify the tensioners, idlers and dampers for your vehicle, enter your car details into our car part finder.