Tensioners Idlers & Dampers
- Engine Component Pulley 100091 by Febi Bilstein£27.43 £22.86
- Engine Component Pulley 100093 by Febi Bilstein£18.03 £15.02
- Engine Component Pulley 100152 by Febi Bilstein£50.56 £42.13
- Engine Component Pulley 100155 by Febi Bilstein£64.80 £54.00
- Engine Component Pulley 100163 by Febi Bilstein£64.24 £53.53
- Engine Component Pulley 100328 by Febi Bilstein£31.24 £26.03
- Engine Component Pulley 100349 by Febi Bilstein£45.50 £37.92
- Engine Component Pulley 100350 by Febi Bilstein£43.27 £36.06
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48732 by Blue Print Front Axle£57.38 £47.82
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48733 by Blue Print Front Axle£38.46 £32.05
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48736 by Blue Print Front Axle£45.44 £37.87
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48740 by Blue Print Front Axle£87.04 £72.53
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48750 by Blue Print Front Axle£80.28 £66.90
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48753 by Blue Print Front Axle LHD only£104.61 £87.17
- Idler Arm Lever ADC48773 by Blue Print Front Axle£118.95 £99.12
- Idler Arm Lever ADD68746 by Blue Print Front Axle£61.85 £51.54
Tensioners, Idlers and Dampers
Tensioners, idlers and dampers work together to consistently synchronise your timing belt car parts for optimum efficiency.
Tensioners are spring-loaded rotating pulleys; these ensure that the timing belt doesn’t slacken.
Idler pulleys guide the timing belt around ancillary features.
Dampers, also known as shock absorbers, co-ordinate with the idlers to maintain the tension of the timing belt.
How do I know that my tensioners, idlers and dampers need to be replaced?
- Your engine makes a whining noise and/or overheats.
- Your engine warning light is illuminated.
- Your tensioners or idlers are corroded.
- Your tensioner arms are cracked or misaligned.
- An idler is chipped in the belt tracking area.
- Your dampers are oil-stained.
Why do my tensioners, idlers and dampers need to be replaced?
- Your tensioners, idlers and dampers are excessively worn due to wear and tear and/or environmental factors.
- Your tensioners have been incorrectly installed.
- Your tensioner arms no longer have any resistance in their range of motion.
- Your idler bearings have failed.
How do I replace my tensioners, idlers and dampers?
If your tensioners, idlers or dampers become worn or fail, you risk serious engine damage. Ensure that these car parts are checked – and replaced – by a mechanical expert.
To identify the tensioners, idlers and dampers for your vehicle, enter your car details into our car part finder.