Denso manufactures premium automotive OE products for numerous vehicles and is amongst the largest car parts suppliers in the world. Through technological developments, Denso has created 360° sensor technology – one of many recent launches. Their vision is to achieve a society with new mobility through automated driving.
Denso operates 189 subsidiaries across the globe and is most famous for its wide range of racing TT iridium spark plugs, as well as competitively-priced everyday glow plugs and spark plugs. Denso also manufactures a vast array of electric components including alternators, starter motors, valves and sensors. On top of this, Denso offers a range of non-electrical items including radiators, wiper blades and coolers.
With a strong focus on sustainability, Denso adheres to the environmental plan, ‘Eco Vision 2025’ and consistently develops reliable safety technology to benefit drivers, pedestrians and the environment.
Denso Car Parts Timeline
1949: was established under the name, Nippondenso Co. Ltd, following separation from Toyota Motor Co. Ltd.
1953: began to collaborate with Robert Bosch.
1961: became the first car parts supplier in Japan to receive the Deming Prize for quality control.
1984: established Denso Sales UK and the Nukata Testing Centre.
1987: developed a car navigation system using CD digital maps.
1996: removed ‘Nippon’ (Japan) from the corporate name, which became Denso Corporation.
1997: developed two-dimensional scanning laser radar systems, as well as long-life iridium plugs with super-fine iridium alloy centre electrodes.
2003: developed the world’s first ejector that combines the functions of an expansion valve and compressor. Denso also developed millimetre-wave radar and pre-crash electronic control units to reduce damage from impact.
2004: developed compressors that achieve air conditioning and fuel efficiency while idling.
2005: opened an engineering and testing facility for diesel components in Germany.
2006: established matrix infrared sensors to match air conditioning with passenger temperature. Denso also developed electric variable cam timing (VCT) powered by motors.
2008: developed a night-view system to detect passengers.
2009: developed the world’s first permanently engaged starter, the first passenger air conditioning to use ejector technology and the first radiator tank made using plant-derived resin.
2011: developed the ISS (idle-stop system) tandem solenoid starter.
2012: developed a motor generator using proprietary coil technology and a three-tier air conditioning system.
2014: developed the first automotive climate control suitable for numerous vehicles and the world’s highest-quality SiC power device.
- Denso Platinum Spark Plug PK22PR-11 / PK22PR11 / 3265 Denso£9.02 £7.52
- Denso Lambda Sensor 4 pin DOX-0566 / DOX0566 Denso£95.15 £79.29
- Denso AC Compressor Oil 446963-0300 / 4469630300 Denso£60.36 £50.30
- Denso DRM50095 Radiator Denso£186.23 £155.19
- Denso DRM46051 Radiator Denso£113.60 £94.67
- Denso DRM44042 Radiator Denso£154.57 £128.81
- Denso DRM44039 Radiator Denso£172.74 £143.95
- Denso DRM41011 Radiator Denso£80.25 £66.87
- Denso DRM32045 Radiator Genuine OE Quality Component Denso£143.40 £119.50
- Denso DRM40045 Radiator Denso£204.85 £170.71
- Denso DRM32041 Radiator Denso£108.01 £90.01
- Denso DRM23042 Radiator Denso£130.36 £108.63
- Denso FK16R-A8 / 3485 SIP Super Ignition Spark Plug Denso£19.11 £15.92